. . on Loving
Questions & Showings:
1515 Old Alton Road
Argyle, TX 76226
Abbott Custom Home Builder
34 Years Property Ownership
1993 Home Construction
Open Floorplan Design
18' Ceiling in Family Room
2-Story Entrance Foyer
Family Great Room
Large Gourmet Kitchen
Sitting Area off Master Suite
Second Floor Balcony/Landing
2,900 Sq Ft (DCAD Tax Roll)
2-Car Attached Garage
RA - Residential/Agricultural
Road Closures - Owner Notes
Lot & Property
2017 Property Taxes
Property in County, No Municipality Zoning
Saves $16K on Property
Taxes per Year
DCAD Property ID - R99078
2017 Tax Base Market Value
Pipe & Cable Frontage / Barbwire Parameter Fencing
Sandy Loam Soil
60-Ton Private Steel Bridge
1/4 acre Stock Pond
60' Bluff creekside.
Blackberries, Mustang Grapes, Pecans,
Walnuts, Persimmons, Plums
Large Mature Oak, Burr Oak, Blackjack, Pecan, Walnut, Persimmon, Redbud Trees
1,000's of acres of US Corp of Engineers Property
& Hiking Trails
Views, Historic Location
Cattle included with Sale
Tractor & equipment negotiable
Buildings or Structures:
(2,900 sf) DCAD Tax Roll
Ameristall Steel-Truss Barn
40' x 60' (w/ water & electric)
12' x 24'
2-Car Attached Garage
Wrap-Around Rear Patio
8' x 8' Elevated Platform
NEW 30-Year GAF HD Timberline
Exterior Paint (2015)
Trane 4-Ton Primary HVAC (2014)
Trane 2-Ton Secondary HVAC (2015)
Secondary 40-Gallon Water Heater
Updated Master & Guest Baths
BBQ connection on patio
Carpet Second Floor
(4) Attic Storage
(Phone, TV & High Speed Internet)
Built-in KitchenAid Convection Oven
Built-in KitchenAid Microwave
Water Connection for
refrigerator. (Kitchen & Utility)
Washer/Dryer Hookups (Propane or Electric)
Post-Tensioned Slab Foundation
installed on (30) concrete support piers
Turkey, Deer, Dove, Duck, Geese, Crane, Squirrel, Rabbit,
Possum, Coyote, Armadillo & Mr Stinky.
Property Taxes ($3,623)
2017 Homeowner Policy. ($2,395)
Cross Timbers Water ($45
Septic System onsite with Dual 500 gal Tanks.
Republic Services Trash ($41
DISD-Blanton Elementary 2.1 mi
DISD-Harpool MS 1.9 mi
DISD-Guyer HS 1.4 mi
Preparatory 0.7 mi
School 9.4 mi
owned by the U.S. Government.
- Rural atmosphere, Urban convenience
Convenient Denton. Lantana and Highland Village
- Exemplary public & private schools
- Centrally located between 35E & 35W
- Beautiful acreage with rollng terrian
Private 60-ton steel bridge crossing on property
- Large Oak & Pecan trees lining the creek and
- Sandy loam, bermuda/bahia mix pastures
- On historic Old Alton Road near 100 year old
Adjacent to 1,000+ acres of
public land & equestrian trails
- 18 AG Exempt acres
beautiful tunnel of trees on
historic Old Alton Road as you approach this
stately 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom, 2-story home on 18.75
This home features approx. 2,900 sq ft of living space!
A soaring 18' ceiling
complements the grand brick fireplace with a
floor-to-ceiling window heighting the family room. The open floorplan
with wood & ceramic tile floors, fluted columns accent a formal dining
area open to the
family room and kitchen.
A wall of windows highlight
the breakfast area that opens to the gourmet kitchen complete with an
abundance of oak cabinetry, a built-in wine rack, granite tile
countertops with tumbled stone backsplash.
A spacious downstairs master
suite features garden tub, large his/her vanities, separate
shower and large walk-in closet, plus connected sitting/office area. The
second and third bedrooms located upstairs offer cozy
window seats with built-in 6-drawer dressers and
walk-in closet space. Extra storage is available in the walk-in
access attic areas.
southern exposed sun room
offers lovely views of the rear 12+ acre Bermuda/Bahia pasture
and glistening pond.
The 18.75 acre property features
pastures, 100 year old trees, Seasonal flow creek spanned by
(60 ton capacity) private steel bridge. Creek runs along
an oak covered bluff. Lots of
wildlife, with growing population of turkey and deer that free
range the Hickory Bottoms area.
An Ameristall Barn is nestled
at the base of the tree covered hill. The barn enhances opportunities for this stunning property!
8' x 8' platform tree house overlooks
the 12 acre
pasture & pond.
A 12' x 24' Tack/Storage
barn provides lawn and garden equipment storage close to the
The property is
perfect for equistrian use adjacent to
thousands of acres of Corp of Engineer property and the 20 miles
of public hiking and equine trails maintained along west end of Lake
Located within 2 miles of new Denton ISD Elementary, Middle
and High Schools. Less that 1 mile from the private Selwyn
FIOS Fiber Optic communication
services (TV/Phone/High-Speed Interent) underground cable along
Enjoy Horseback Riding . . on adjacent Public Trails
Forget having to trailer your horse to ride !
Just across the street you have 1,000+ acres of public
lake property with miles of horse / hiking trails on both
north and south side of Hickory Creek and Lewisville lake.
Your not just buying property
Your buying a piece of Texas history !
The town of Old Alton and Denton County
ALTON, TEXAS (Denton County). Alton
was established by the state legislature on
February 24, 1848 as the first County Seat of Denton County. It
was orginally located less
than a mile from present day Corinth, on a high ridge between Pecan
Creek and Hickory Creek.
November 26, 1850, due to a lack of water at the original high
ridge site, the state legislature chose another site for the
county seat along Hickory
The new location kept the name of Alton, but was referred to
as Old Alton. By 1856, Old Alton boasted a number of
homes, a blacksmith shop, three stores, a school, saloon, hotel,
church & cemetery, two doctors, several lawyers and was
the headquarters for the Denton County Land District.
County residents argued that Old Alton was not in the center of the county,
and the water from standing pools in Hickory Creek had made a
number of families ill. As a result of resident complaints, an
election was held in November 1856. Denton County voters accepted an
offer from Hiram Cisco, William Loving, and William Woodruff to
provide 100 acres of their property for a new county seat. The
new site, near the center of the county was given the named
Denton, after John
Barnard Denton a Methodist
minister, lawyer and soldier who died fighting indians in
After the establishment of the new county seat
in Denton, Old Alton
slowly disappeared leaving only the cemetery and Hickory
Creek Baptist Church.
Old Alton R
oad and the Old Alton Bridge
Old Alton Road is the "oldest road" in
Denton County. It originally carried travelers between the county seat at
Alton and the military encampment and community at Fort Worth, since
the early 1840s. Only a few remaining sections of road have been
in continuous use for 170 years.
The road has served as a postal route and Ranger patrol trail.
Old Alton Road crossed Hickory Creek at a location once popular as a ford for crossing cattle. Remnants of this historic roadbed are still
identifiable on the northern boundary of the Loving Creek property.
The Old Alton Bridge was
originally constructed in 1884 by the King Iron Bridge Manufacturing Company
to carry horses and the automobiles of the time. The Alton
Bridge was constructed 20 years after the demise of the town of
Old Alton. The bridge was in continual use
until 2001, when a modern concrete
bridge was constructed just upstream from the original iron bridge.
The Old Alton Bridge
is included in the National Register of Historic Places, as of July 8,
The Loving Branch of Hickory Creek was named after the original settlers
owning the property at head of this watershed. Abraham R Loving moved to Texas in
1847 from California, Missouri with his wife Susan and son Jesse.
The family is buried in the IOOF cemetery
in Denton. The Loving family homestead was located on the west side of FM 407
near Bartonville and the western boundry of the Lantana
Sam Bass Gang shoot out near the Old Alton Bridge
The Dallas Daily Hearld was full of the events of the summer of 1878.
During the months of May and June 1878,
outmaneuvered a two hundred man posse searching for his
gang in the area around Denton
and Copper Canyon. One shoot out occurred near where Old Alton Bridge
Bass had many hideouts, one was on the northern border of Copper
Canyon along Hickory Creek near Pilot Knoll Park.